Lynch Logistics is in search of an energized, forward-thinking, entrepreneurial Warehouse Operations and Logistics Manager. This is a unique position in the company that is responsible for various functions within the transportation, distribution, warehousing, and operations environment. Each day presents new challenges that can be solved with the right direction and can-do attitude.
The Warehouse Operations and Logistics Manager are responsible for the operational, financial and administrative management of all on-going warehousing functions relative to the receiving, inventorying and shipping of key customer accounts, as well as providing direct oversight for warehouse customer relationships. This position will also interface with logistics team members in the coordination and communication of day to day dispatching of freight for company equipment and drivers.
- Bachelor’s degree with five (5) or more years of warehousing and operations experience in a logistics environment preferred.
- Proven warehouse management experience
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write/structure professional reports and business correspondence
- Experience in preparing and managing departmental operation budgets
- Proficiency in pricing as it relates to warehouse and logistics/supply chain environments
- A high degree of organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Knowledge of DOT and FMCSA requirements
- Experience and education in safety “best practices” and regulations in warehousing operations.
- Critical thinking ability – always looking for opportunities to enhance the efficiency of operations
- High energy level; self-starter
- Prior knowledge of maintenance practices in a logistics system.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Proven ability to implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Experience in warehouse management software and technology
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides planning and oversight support, through Warehouse Operations Supervisor, for daily coordination and management of warehouse activity.
- Involvement in training, motivation and performance evaluation of warehouse associates.
- Monitor the flow of processes from receiving to inventory. Ensure shipment and inventory transaction accuracy.
- Understanding and compliance of federal, state and local warehousing material handling and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation. Enforce adherence to requirements and update Senior Management on needed actions.
- Brief and update warehouse staff on daily workflow and provide problem-solving potential as needed.
- Identify, qualify and generate new business by adding and retaining clients to achieve pre-determined revenue goals
- Interface with the maintenance department to support work on related company equipment operating in the warehouse and transportation environment.
- Communications with key customers on KPI’s and improvement initiatives
- Ensure driver and company compliance with DOT and FMCSA regulations
- Participate in Safety Committee and communicate changes in policy or equipment to drivers and department staff
- Maintain regular contact with existing customers to determine short- and long-term shipping needs
- Work with VP of Operations and Sales Team to conduct presentations for prospective and existing customers.
- Become proficient in all company systems
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending pertinent workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and social media interfaces and participation in professional societies.
- Salaried position
- Performance bonus and incentive program available
- Competitive Paid Time Off and company recognized holidays
- Competitive Health/Life Insurance packages offered; Health Savings Account with employer match available with one of the plans
- 401K program available after 6 months, after 1 year, the company matches 50%, of up to 5% of elected contribution deferrals
- Company smartphone and laptop computer
- Vehicle expense travel reimbursement
Submit Your Resume!
To submit your resume for this position, please fill out the required information below, attach your resume, and then click Submit!
Please note that this is only the first stage of the application process and is in no way a guarantee of employment.