Central Maine Truck & Trailer Service is currently looking to add another member to their fleet maintenance team. We are looking for a Trailer Technician. This position is Full-time.
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, and repairing semi-truck and trailer bodies, systems, and components.
- Performing preventative maintenance measures on semi-trucks and trailers.
- Assembling and dissembling vehicle engines and cleaning the fuel tanks.
- Maintaining hubs and axles and adjusting or replacing them when required.
- Inspecting, servicing, and replacing trailer parts, including tires.
- Checking and repairing the brake, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Testing all systems and equipment for performance issues.
- Ensuring that trailers meet the U.S. Department of Transportation’s road safety requirements.
- Compiling inspection reports, documenting repairs, and reporting all findings to management.
Education, Experience, & Knowledge Requirements:
- Heavy-duty truck (HDT) technical training or 1-year related experience
- State Inspection License or willingness to attain within six months of hire or promotion
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Good oral and written communication
- Customer service oriented
- Good problem solving and analytical abilities
Work performed primarily in a shop environment. Occasional field environment with some travel from site to site. Exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, noxious odors, gases, and all types of weather and temperature conditions.
Exposure to hazardous traffic conditions. Work or walk on various types of surfaces including slippery or uneven surfaces and rough terrain. Employees may be required to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a mechanic shop environment. Walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time. Frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, and twist.
Push, pull, lift, or carry moderate to heavy amounts of weight (up to 75 pounds). Operate assigned equipment and vehicles. Verbally communicate to exchange information. Vision must be in the normal visual range with or without correction. Hearing in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Job Type: Full-time
Submit Your Resume!
To submit your resume for this position, please fill out the required information below, attach your resume, and then click Submit!
Please note that this is only the first stage of the application process and is in no way a guarantee of employment.