The Destruction Facility Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the secure plant-based shredding functions and mobile unit off-load facility for Records Management Center (RMC) and Shredding on Site (SOS), the leading provider of information management and certified destruction solutions throughout Maine and New England.
In this role, you will focus on supporting the company’s reputation for superior customer service, safety, security, and confidentiality, while working with the team towards profitable growth and success. As a hands-on team supervisor, you will assist in overseeing plant-based destruction facility operations for RMC out the Bangor location.
Responsible for the efficient, timely, and accurate fulfillment of plant-based destruction orders, including paper, electronics, and non-paper media; inventory control and maintenance of shredding containers and production materials.
- Oversees, operates, and manages upkeep and maintenance (preventative) of the Bangor plant-based destruction and mobile unit off-load facilities, industrial shredder/s, and equipment.
- Through established procedures, maintains an efficient workflow, security/confidentiality protocol, and safety compliance.
- Focuses on the day-to-day management, motivation, and empowerment of direct reports within the Bangor destruction facility. Communicate and interact with team members to optimize task performance.
- Analyzes, recommends and helps implements logistical and operational process improvements under the direction of Division Management.
- Assists with hiring, training, and performance evaluations of staff members employed to handle destruction-related services.
- Tracks and oversees the maintenance of equipment used for confidential and secure plant-based destruction services.
- Other duties as necessary
- High school degree and/or equivalent related experience.
- 2+ years of personnel supervisory experience preferred.
- 2+ years working with heavy machinery.
- 3+ years of experience in warehousing/logistics industries.
- Experience in a service-based environment a plus.
- Vehicle/equipment experience: Forklift operation certification required; Commercial Driver License preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft-based software solutions (Word, Excel, Outlook) as well as the use of routing, scheduling, and database software a plus.
- Must be able to perform to standard in a fast-paced service environment without constant or immediate supervision.
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs without assistance.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen, and criminal background check as conditions of employment.
- Hourly position
- Benefits package to include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) program
- Health/life insurance package offered
- 401K program available after 1 year
- Company will match 50% of the first 5% contributed
- Company smartphone and/or tablet
- Sponsorship/Reimbursement of continued management/logistics education/seminars
To apply please complete application or call/email Director of HR& Safety Jana Gifford: (207)942-2220 x 137 or [email protected]
Submit Your Resume!
To submit your resume for this position, please fill out the required information below, attach your resume, and then click Submit!
Please note that this is only the first stage of the application process and is in no way a guarantee of employment.