Central Maine Moving & Storage is seeking an energetic and motivated individual to join our sales team. This is a great opportunity to learn, develop, and grow. If you’re a self-starter, go-getter, people-person, and like to Get Things Done, we can give you the training and support to succeed!
As a Relocation Consultant for Central Maine Moving & Storage, you will be able to enjoy the freedom of the road while meeting with a variety of people in their homes and places of business, matching our customers’ relocation requirements with our award-winning services. We will get you started with a high volume of leads to build your pipeline to close sales. With time, experience, and success, you’ll begin developing new business before you know it!
Central Maine Moving & Storage has over 40 years of experience moving families and businesses across town, across the state, and throughout the U.S. We are Central Maine’s award-winning agent for northAmerican Van Lines. Our team of knowledgeable and experienced moving professionals work hard to earn the trust of our customers. Ensuring that household valuables are thoroughly packed, carefully moved, and delivered safely and on time is our primary goal. We handle our customers’ belongings as our own, with respect and care.
- The successful Relocation Consultant has a positive attitude, likes meeting with new people, enjoys making customers happy, and has the drive to succeed.
- Must be open-minded and willing to learn about the moving industry, basic logistics requirements, best practices in customer service, along with various selling techniques.
- After initial training and ramp-up, you will learn to utilize company and personal resources to identify and contact potential customers to develop and close new business opportunities.
- Detail-oriented! Calculate moving estimate quotes based on accurate furniture counts and weight estimates after conducting on-site surveys of a home or office.
- Will learn to be a “closer” to achieve commission performance goals. Sales quotes alone don’t bring in revenue!
- Willing to put in the extra effort to achieve quick turnaround on quotes and follow up with potential customers. Actively and consistently follow up with prospects!
- Accurately formulates sales reports, target lists, follow-up reviews, etc. and reviews with the inside sales team and General Manager.
- Daily travel is required to customer locations within our service area (within 100 miles of Bangor, Maine, with the occasional trip to Northern or Southern Maine)
Are you the right person for the role? Let us know!
- Education: Associates degree within the relevant field; a combination of education and related experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of a consumer sales process and lead generation activities.
- Must have a professional demeanor, selling style, and appearance.
- Exceptional listening skills, verbal and written communication, and presentation abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities; multi-tasking is a daily requirement.
- Experience with MS Windows solutions and CRM software.
- Must be able to perform to standard without constant or immediate supervision.
- Base salary plus tiered commission plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) program
- Competitive Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance packages offered; Health Savings Account with employer match available
- 401K program available after 1 year
- The company matches 50%, of up to 5% of elected contribution deferrals
- Company smartphone, iPad, and laptop computer
- Vehicle expense travel reimbursement
- Mileage reimbursement calculated at 25k-30k miles traveled annually and 24mpg
- Vehicle must be reliable, professionally presentable, and in good working condition
Submit Your Resume!
To submit your resume for this position, please fill out the required information below, attach your resume, and then click Submit!
Please note that this is only the first stage of the application process and is in no way a guarantee of employment.