Position: Records Center Project Specialist – RMC
Records Management Center is growing and looking for a self-motivated, detail oriented, energetic, and highly organized person to work at our record center. As the Records Center Project Specialist, it is your main responsibility to provide the highest level of secure and accurate record and data management to new and existing clients.
In this role you will be joining a great team at Records Management Center, Maine’s local leader in secure records and information management services. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential. You will be working closely within a small, professional team and fully engaged and busy from the first day.
Previous record center experience is a plus, but we’re much more interested in hiring a person with the right attitude and a strong willingness to learn! This is a full-time position with benefits, based out of our office in Bangor, Maine.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Areas of Focus: Record Center Information Management and Operations
- Responsible for the efficient, timely, and accurate fulfillment of orders and customer requests to retrieve files and boxes within a specialized records and data management facility.
- Completes accurate and timely data entry and data import into appropriate applications and effectively utilizes Microsoft Office systems and applications.
- Works within a team to manage inventory control and upkeep of records and data stored on a variety of media, primarily paper files in record boxes.
- Utilizes a handheld device with barcode scanner to scan and process orders.
- Assists with inventory maintenance, including audits, re-boxing, and bar-code labeling.
- Ability to follow procedures and make suggestions for improvements in processes.
- Upholds complete confidentiality of customer data to meet and exceed state, federal, and industry-related compliance and security regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work on your feet all day; lift, load, and move boxes (average weight: 40 pounds); climb stairs (ladder).
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 70 lbs from floor level to waist level and carry it a maximum of 10 yards, repeatedly.
- Associates degree in business field preferred; High School Diploma required.
- Demonstrated organization/time management skills; detail oriented.
- Focus on productivity and success as a team.
- Must be able to work an 8 hour shift between Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm, with occasional extended hours.
- Must be reliable and on-time, including transportation to/from work.
- Demonstrated computer, keyboarding and 10-key skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Windows 10, Office 365 including Excel.
- One year of clerical, office, admin or production-based experience.
- Learns, understands, and fully utilizes technical software, including records and inventory management database software.
- Travel to customer sites when necessary.
- Candidate will be required to pass pre-employment skills testing, lifting assessment, background checks, review and understand security and confidentiality guidelines, and sign a confidentiality agreement.
What we provide for our excellent team members:
- An energetic, supportive, and goal-driven work environment.
- Freedom to tackle customer service requests and solve problems independently.
- Opportunities to learn and grow within our organization.
- Competitive hourly wage commensurate to work experience.
- Progressive Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
- Competitive Health/Life Insurance packages offered; Health Savings Account with employer match available.
- 401K program available after 6 months; after 1 year, company matches 50%, of up to 5% of elected contribution deferrals.
- Dental, Vision, Life Insurance options.
- Supplemental insurances through AFLAC
Submit Your Resume!
To submit your resume for this position, please fill out the required information below, attach your resume, and then click Submit!
Please note that this is only the first stage of the application process and is in no way a guarantee of employment.