The Purchasing Coordinator will work closely with department managers in the acquisition of pricing supplies, equipment, managing the purchase order system, and inventory. This position will work closely with the Accounting department and requires strong negotiating skills.
- Verifies incoming invoices with existing purchase orders for proper approval, description and amount
- Audit purchase order system for open purchase orders pending invoice receipt, research or close as necessary.
- Obtain purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers, monitoring and expediting orders if necessary.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents
- Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- Enters approved purchases into the accounting system
- Negotiate contracts with vendors
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required, or related field experience preferred.
- At least three years of purchasing experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
Submit Your Resume!
To submit your resume for this position, please fill out the required information below, attach your resume, and then click Submit!
Please note that this is only the first stage of the application process and is in no way a guarantee of employment.