The Payroll Coordinator will assist with the daily functions of the accounting/payroll department, coordination of time and attendance records with department managers and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Process weekly employee payroll payments on time and through the appropriate channels
- Complete all HR reporting documents and submit them for senior manager approval
- Calculate and deduct appropriate amounts from payroll checks, including tax withholdings and other garnishments
- Verify all overtime hours with the appropriate management personnel prior to issuing payroll checks
- Obtain and verify direct deposit banking information from employees
- Oversee internal payroll and accounting audits on a semi-annual basis
- Maintain general ledger with regard to payroll transactions
- Excellent mathematics and communication skills
- Experience with payroll systems software preferred
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
- Provide documents as requested from HR Manager
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of payroll-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required or related field experience preferred.
- At least three years of payroll experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
Submit Your Resume!
To submit your resume for this position, please fill out the required information below, attach your resume, and then click Submit!
Please note that this is only the first stage of the application process and is in no way a guarantee of employment.