Lynch Logistics, Inc. is seeking applicants for the position of Logistics Support Specialist. This is a full-time position providing support in the areas of shipping/receiving, delivery scheduling, billing, shipment management, and clerical office functions for freight transportation and warehousing. Ideal applicants will have demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks as well as knowledge and experience in a shipping/receiving environment. We are looking for a person with the right fit for our growing team with the desire to build upon their career in the logistics industry.
- Ability to analyze and make suggestions for operating practices to improve efficiency
- Assisting with inventory management
- Data entry into the inventory management and scheduling system
- Making and receiving phone calls and emails related to customer orders
- Generating pick tickets from the inventory management system
- Communicating with warehouse staff regarding customer orders
- Generating billing for customers on a weekly/monthly basis
- Entering information into dispatching software and Excel spreadsheets
- Assisting with phone support to CDL drivers as requested
- Providing clerical support (emails, memos, faxes, etc.)
- Acting as back-up to Logistics Manager & Fleet Managers
- Interacting with drivers, warehouse staff, and customers
- Other duties as assigned
Required Work Experience/Skills:
- Two or more years in an commercial shipping/receiving office environment
- Working knowledge of daily inbound/outbound scheduling
- Detail-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
- Experience in Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable/Billing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office; Prophecy and QuickBooks preferred
- Ability to assist with product handling within a warehouse environment
- A positive, can-do attitude is essential
For more information call or email the Director of HR & Safety: [email protected] or 942-2220 x137
Job Type: Full-time
Submit Your Resume!
To submit your resume for this position, please fill out the required information below, attach your resume, and then click Submit!
Please note that this is only the first stage of the application process and is in no way a guarantee of employment.