General Manager – Central Maine Moving & Storage
We’re in search of an energizing, forward-thinking, entrepreneurial leader who’s looking to apply their skills every day in a fast-paced, changing, and growing small business. This is a chance to manage an incredible team of talented individuals providing rewarding and exceptional service to delighted customers. Each day is different – and a challenge that can be solved with the right direction and can-do attitude. Our goal is to provide the best moving, handling, and delivery experience in Maine, and the right person can make a significant impact on achieving and improving that goal every day.
The General Manager is responsible for the operational, administrative, and financial functions of Central Maine Moving & Storage (CMMS), a leading provider of local and national relocation services, final mile product delivery, asset management, and specialized storage solutions since 1970. CMMS is an award-winning agent for NorthAmerican Van Lines, a nationally recognized industry leader in residential and corporate moves, and approved handling and delivery agent for a growing list of national retail and commercial accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree required; focus on business management and/or logistics preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in transportation, logistics, moving, project management.
- 5+ years of leadership experience; proven team leader.
- Ability to control budget / P&L and interpret financial statements.
- Possess strong listening, communication, presentation, analytical, process management, and project management skills.
- Residential and/or corporate moving and storage experience desired; training will be provided.
- Knowledge of DOT/CSA guidelines desired; training will be provided.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products; knowledge of scheduling and dispatching software a plus.
- Provides oversight support, through operations supervisor, for daily/weekly management of scheduling, dispatching crews, training, safety, staffing, equipment, and resources of a growing, local moving and final mile delivery business. Will delegate authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up.
- Ensures optimum use of equipment, facilities, and personnel.
- Develops and meets performance standards, execution of business-critical KPI’s, and financial budgeting and profitability benchmarks.
- Maintains contact with the existing corporate client base.
- Understands and properly implements operational guidelines, compliance with government regulations. Thoroughly understands the Department of Transportation and other relevant safety policies and procedures.
- Oversees the hiring, training, and performance development of staff.
- Keeps and maintains a fleet of company vehicles and equipment.
- Travel as required – Inspecting job sites, meet with existing clients/vendors, and/or industry-specific training/conferences.
- Salaried position
- Performance bonus and incentive program available
- Benefits package to include:
- Competitive Paid Time Off and company recognized holidays
- Competitive Health/Life Insurance packages offered; Health Savings Account with employer match available with one of the plans
- 401K program available after 6 months, after 1 year, the company matches 50%, of up to 5% of elected contribution deferrals
- Company smart phone and laptop computer
- Vehicle expense travel reimbursement
Submit Your Resume!
To submit your resume for this position, please fill out the required information below, attach your resume, and then click Submit!
Please note that this is only the first stage of the application process and is in no way a guarantee of employment.