Destruction Facility/Warehouse Associate
The Destruction Facility Associate is responsible for aiding in the day-to-day operations of the secure plant-based shredding functions, and mobile unit off-loads facility for Records Management Center (RMC) Shredding on Site (SOS), providers of information management solutions throughout Maine and New England.
In this role, you will support the company’s reputation for superior customer service, safety, security, and confidentiality, while working with the team towards profitable growth and success. As a hands-on team associate, you will assist in overseeing plant-based shredding and mobile unit off-loads facility operations for RMC out of the Bangor location.
- Responsible for the efficient, timely, and accurate fulfillment of plant-based destruction orders, including paper, electronics, and non-paper media.
- Inventory control and maintenance of shredding containers.
- Responsible for upkeep and maintenance of the Bangor plant-based shredding and mobile unit off-load facilities, shredder, balers, and related equipment per manufacturer guidelines.
- Maintain cleanliness to a company standard of both facility rooms, storage room, baling storage areas, and other areas used to shred and store materials to be shred, handled by RMC.
- Responsible for loading paper bales when third party vendor has arrived for pick up.
- Through established procedures, maintain an efficient workflow, security, confidentiality, and safety compliance.
- Improve procedures and reduce expenses when possible and under the Supervisor’s direction.
- Communicate and interact with team members to optimize task performance.
- Helps ensure optimum use of personnel, facilities, and equipment.
- Responsible for compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Aid in developing future standards, including implementation of industry-specific programs.
- Positively represent the company in personal character, commitment, organization skills, and work habits.
- Adheres to and positively advocates all company policies, procedures, business ethics, and privacy codes.
- Occasional travel as required. – May help drivers on certain jobs.
- Must adhere to corporate Confidentiality and Non-Compete Agreement.
- Must adhere to dress code in company uniform or as appropriate for meeting with clients.
- Other duties, as necessary.
- High school degree or equivalent related experience.
- 1+ years of experience in warehousing or logistics industries strongly preferred.
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs. without assistance.
- Forklift experience and certification a plus.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Must be able to perform to standard in a fast-paced service environment without constant, immediate supervision.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen, and criminal background check as conditions of employment.
Submit Your Resume!
To submit your resume for this position, please fill out the required information below, attach your resume, and then click Submit!
Please note that this is only the first stage of the application process and is in no way a guarantee of employment.