The Final Mile Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations, transportation, and warehouse functions of Central Maine Moving & Storage (CMMS) Final Mile / Home Delivery services. Final mile home delivery is a growing industry, in which we are responsible for delivering goods from e-commerce retailers to customers’ home or business addresses. Our delivery services include a two-person delivery team and a 26’ box truck to complete these deliveries. Final Mile services include the following types of service: Basic (drop off outside the customer’s location), Threshold (deliver inside the customer’s location), Room of Choice (deliver the item to the customer’s room of choice) and White Glove (deliver to the customer’s room of choice, unpack the item and light assembly).
This position will focus on supporting the company’s reputation for superior customer service, on-time delivery, and safety while ensuring maximum profitability and success. Additional responsibilities include knowledge of routing/logistics, government operating guidelines and hauling requirements (FMCSA), management of reporting functions, scheduling, daily phone and email communications, warehouse inventory control, fleet up-time performance, and other Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
CMMS is also a provider of local and national relocation services, asset management, and storage solutions since 1970. CMMS is an award-winning agent for northAmerican Van Lines, a nationally recognized industry leader in residential and corporate moves. This position will work in tandem with our moving operations manager.
- Actively manages, schedules, and dispatches Final Mile / Home Delivery crews, providing oversight to ensure necessary labor, materials, and equipment arrive at each job site in a timely manner.
- Assists in the development of an action plan to improve operational performance and profitability.
- Through established procedures, maintains efficient workflow, manages inventory, security, and safety compliance; improves procedures and reduces expenses when possible.
- Supervises assists with the training and hiring of staff members employed to handle delivery, staging, and loading of all Final Mile Deliveries.
- Assists in formal performance evaluation process for existing employees bi-annually.
- Upholds and enforces company standards and policies such as attendance and uniforms.
- Keeps and maintains a fleet of company vehicles and equipment used for Final Mile / Home Delivery services.
- Maintains contact with the existing supplier base to ensure high levels of satisfaction with our services.
- Consistent (Daily) communication with Final Mile Delivery Teams.
- Track and verify that customer information is current and correct (i.e. pick-up/delivery dates, times, and addresses, etc.).
- The ability to navigate Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel, to verify billing, produce invoices, and monitor collections.
- Payroll tracking and verification.
- Occasional travel as required – Inspecting job sites, meet with existing clients/vendors, and/or industry-specific training/conferences.
- Additional work outside of normal work hours, including Saturday shifts, may be necessary and is taken into account by the management. Rotating weekend schedules may be required.
- Must positively represent the company in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational skills, and work habits.
- Must adhere to dress code; professional business casual or as appropriate for a working job site.
- Other duties, as necessary.
- Associates degree and appropriate experience desired.
- 3+ years of experience in transportation, moving, and/or warehousing industries strongly preferred.
- Logistics and routing experience; experience in all aspects of transportation equipment logistics required.
- 3+ years of management/leadership experience.
- Experience in Quickbooks strongly preferred. Experience in other major accounting software may be acceptable.
- Strong written and verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills are critical.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software solutions, with a strong working knowledge of Excel.
- Must be able to perform to standards without constant or immediate supervision.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen, and criminal background check.
Salary & Benefits:
- Benefits package to include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) program
- 7 Paid Holidays
- 401K program available after 6 months – after 1-year Company match of 50%, up to 5% of pay
- Health Insurance (2 plans to choose from)
- Health Savings Account for those choosing a high-deductible health insurance plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurances available through AFLAC
- Phone Stipend
- Mileage reimbursement
Submit Your Resume!
To submit your resume for this position, please fill out the required information below, attach your resume, and then click Submit!
Please note that this is only the first stage of the application process and is in no way a guarantee of employment.