Are you passionate about customer service? Do you enjoy interacting with customers but prefer the freedom of the road? Do you want to work for a reputable, supportive, local company? If you answered yes to these questions – – you are just the professional we are looking for!
We are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals to join our facility in Bangor, Maine. Our Mobile Shred Truck Drivers are the public face of Record Management Center’s (RMC) on-site document destruction service, trusted to transport and handle client materials and engage with clients and co-workers in a friendly and professional manner. The integrity of our shredding operations team is essential to maintaining goodwill and building new bonds of trust with our clients.
This full-time position is very fast paced, requires you to be your own boss, involves substantial time over the road (driving a Class B CDL truck) in the city and rural environments, and calls for a significant amount of physical strength and stamina.
- Overall responsibility for performing onsite document destruction of confidential information using a specialized mobile shredding truck
- Exceptional customer service: Friendly, neat in appearance, properly uniformed with company ID badge; assist clients when necessary; provide sales leads for new/expanded business
- Utilize handheld scanning technology and inventory tracking software
- Conduct daily vehicle preventative maintenance inspections
- Accurate completion of delivery/pick-up logs
- Accurately and timely completion of DOT logs when required
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements –Must be able to meet the requirements of the position to include:
- Class B CDL required
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening, criminal background check (7 years) and DOT physical exam
- Must be able to pass a physical capability assessment administered by our Occupational Health Provider
- Position requires long hours, exposure to outside elements (heat and cold), and is physically demanding
- 1-2 years of previous route driving experience preferred
- 1-2 years of face-to-face customer service experience
- Basic knowledge of truck maintenance
- Grip, lift, push, pull and carry wheeled, plastic bins over, up and down inclines, stairs, changes in walking surfaces and elevations
- Ability to lift 70 lbs repeatedly
- Must be at least 21 years old with a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions
- Must be able to operate with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and accuracy in paperwork
- Computer and mobile device proficiency
- Must present a clean, professional and courteous business image
Benefits – Records Management Center. offers a safe, chemical-free working environment and is an EOE employer. Full benefits package offered.
Education – High school diploma or equivalent required Valid Class B State of Maine Commercial Motor Vehicle License required
Location –Bangor Facility
To Apply: Fill out an application
Submit Your Resume!
To submit your resume for this position, please fill out the required information below, attach your resume, and then click Submit!
Please note that this is only the first stage of the application process and is in no way a guarantee of employment.